Monthly Archives: June 2011

Can I extend an opposition deadline?

In the UK, yes. You can extend the initial two month period by one month upon request. File a form TM7a on-line at the UKIPO. You must file it by the original opposition deadline. For Community Trade Marks (CTM), the … Continue reading

Posted in trademark | Leave a comment

Do I need to register Copyright in the UK or EU?

There is no official UK or EU copyright database. Copyright protection occurs once the copyright work is created and the copyright owner is automatically entitled to all of the usual remedies under UK/EU law. No registration is necessary. That said, … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged | Leave a comment